1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

internet explorer 7 crashes when browser closed

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by omegaman03, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omegaman03

omegaman03 Thread Starter

My ie7 opens and works fine, until I close it by using the "x" in the upper right hand corner. Then it generates an error that says "appcrash" and gives a bunch of info. It happens whenever I close a browser window. The only time it does not happen is if I am only xing out of a TAB. If I am closing out the entire window, then any ie7 window that is related to the one I am closing also gets shutdown. My friend said he thought it was a Vista problem. What should I do?

Is there a fix for that? Can I go back to ie6? Can I update something to my Vista?

thank you

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Open IE
    Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab, Tick "Empty Temp Internet Files Folder When Browser Is Closed" Hit OK.

Then follow these instructions

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Hopefully this willl stop the appcrash.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/764408

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice