1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

internet explorer 7 - runtime error

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by scottjas, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scottjas

scottjas Thread Starter

I have been using IE7 for a short while. now I can't get access. I recieve a RunTime Error as follows:-

Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library
    RunTime Error

Program: C:\Program Files\InternetExplorer\iexplore.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. please contact the applications support team for more information.

A search of my hard disc revels the following files -

(1) iexplore ----- in folder C:\Program Files\ Internet Explorer
    (2) IEXPLORE.EXR-021CCDCD.pf ------ in folder C:\Windows\Prefetch
    (3) IEXPLORE.EXE-2D97EBE6.pf ----- in folder C:\Windows\Prefetch
    (4) iexplore.exe.mui ----in folder C: \ Program Fikles \ Internet Explorer \ en-US
    (5) iexplore ----- in folder C:\Program Files\ Internet Explorer \ ServicePackFiles \ i386

Double clicking on (1) results in the same Runtime error

Double clicking on (5) loads and gives entry to IE6 (This has allowed me to use Techguy)

I have tried down loading IE7, agian, from Microsoft but still getting the same runtime error dialog box displayed.

HELP!!! how do I rectify this problem?

Scottjas

2. gurutech

gurutech

Can you get into IE7 at all? If so, try disabling any third party toolbars, like Google or Yahoo, and then exit and go back in.

3. scottjas

scottjas Thread Starter

can't get into IE7 at all - runtime error displayed. can only get into explorer by carrying out a search for 'iexplorer' and selecting:-
    (5) iexplore ----- in folder C:\Program Files\ Internet Explorer \ ServicePackFiles \ i386

4. gurutech

gurutech

Have you tried going into safe mode w/networking and going into IE7?

5. slurpee55

slurpee55

If it isn't too much of a hassle, try deleting the user and install again. Of course, using Firefox would still be easier than all that....

6. slurpee55

slurpee55

do be sure to follow MS advice about disabling antispyware, antivirus and other security programs prior to reinstalling IE7, if you go that route.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/534828