1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer 7

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by kool kev, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kool kev

kool kev Thread Starter

Hi, I run Win XP Home edition, and have just upgraded my internet explorer to IE 7. After I had downloaded it and installed it, everything was working fine. The next day I started my PC, and keep getting the error message....
    explorer.EXE- Application error.
    The Instruction at "0x7c919925" referenced memory at " 0x7ab27f43" The memory cannot be read.
    After this message comes up everthing just freezes. I tried: to debug it using Dr Watson debugger. But it encounters a problem and closes. I have tried to Restore to a previous date, but it wont let me go passed this message, no matter how many times I reset the PC, it freezes after this message comes up. I have even tried going into "Safe Mode" but the message still comes up and freezes everything. If you are wondering how I managed to send this message. I had to use someone elses PC... any help would be great....Kevin

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Uninstall it from Add or Remove Programs? That should send you back to IE6.

3. golddust

golddust

After you revert back to IE 6, try installing IE7 again. I had a bit of a problem with my first install, but i tried it again and now it works fine. Could have just been a bad installation.

4. daveoo

daveoo

Yes. I too had trouble with first update installation. I dumped it via System Restore, I then did a fresh update installation which is now working well.

5. kool kev

kool kev Thread Starter

thanks, but unfortunately I carn't get into any programs, as it freezes the computer when the 'system error' comes up and that is as far as it goes.when I reset the PC it goes that far again

6. kool kev

kool kev Thread Starter

won't work, as soon as the 'system error' comes up everything freezes. thanks any way

7. kool kev

kool kev Thread Starter

cannot do, as the PC just freezes everytime it gets to the "system error' message. thanks all the same.

8. t bone

t bone

try starting in safe mode then uninstalling, you'll have to check the "show updates" box in add/remove progs. to see ie7

if that works and you still want ie7 try checking for any high priority and net framework updates you may be missing...use the custom selection at windows updates

9. Cap-10

Cap-10

Hi
    i m having the same problem and i dont know what to do.

I will appreciate your help

10. delafoo

delafoo

IE7 is trash.

Congratulations, we, the general public, are the beta.

It so bugged that its much simpler to simply uninstall it than try to fix it.

However, If you have automatic updates turned on, with auto-intall, it will re-install itself.

You'll have to turn off automatic updates, and automatic install. Windows will still prompt you when new updates are available, and you can read them and choose which ones to install (everything except IE7!!!!!).

I have too many bad thing to say about IE7 than this page or time allows. If you must, go back to IE7, or try Opera, Avant, or another browser that doesn't suck quite as much!

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!