1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer 8.0

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by scarr0827, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scarr0827

scarr0827 Thread Starter

When trying to download Internet Explorer 8.0 i get this message:

"The procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll."

What can i do to fix the problem and download?

HELP!!

2. vicks

vicks

Welcome to TSG forums.
    First, I would try to download it again, saving it to a folder, then when off line install it from there and see if it works this way.
    Post back and let us know how it works for you (or not)
    vicks

3. shree7689

shree7689

i answer you for the point ,,, i dont know about internet explorer but
    the best is FIREFOX . i never get even 1 problems with it
    =================================
    claw foot tub shower flange spreader

4. scarr0827

scarr0827 Thread Starter

well i tried downloading and saving it and opening it. Tried it 3 or4 times, always got the same message. Thanks

5. Hughv

Hughv

6. scarr0827

scarr0827 Thread Starter

after reading the resolution im hesitant to go that route, i do not get the message when starting the computer, in fact it operates just fine, only when attempting to download Internet Explorer 8.0 do i get the message.

7. Hughv

Hughv

8. R1718

R1718

I have the exact same problem as scarr0827 but have other problems as well. My computer has IE6 SP1, running Windows 2000 SP4. The computer has an Intel Pentium 4 with a CPU 1500 MHz, AT/AT Compatible with 392,668 KB RAM.Do I need to update drivers before trying to go from IE 6 to IE 8? I'm wondering about that since I try to do the DriverScan an absolutely nothing happens. What's up with that.I haven’t seen the two documents you provided links to but will read them. Thanks.

9. montanas

montanas

IE8 still has prpblems try IE7 works on older pcs

10. vicks

vicks

After doing some checking on the MS site I think the 'problem' is that IE 8 is not supported for Win 2000. I think it has to be XP or Vista or the new Win 7.
    Vicks

11. R1718

R1718

If Win2000 is not supported then I need to upgrade to ...? Too what? and how?

12. vicks

vicks

I would just reinstall IE7 for now. If you want to upgrade your OS, if your computer has the memory, drive, etc. you could go to XP, However, that will be supported only a few more years, can't remember the year support is to stop.
    vicks

13. R1718

R1718

It looks like MS wants everyone to download IE8. Everytime I try to download IE7 I'm bounced to IE8. Any suggestions.

14. vicks

vicks

15. R1718

R1718

I obtained a copy of XP professional and read through the documentation that came with it. After doing that I got reluctant to start because it kept mentioning information you have to have at different points of the install. I thought what if I couldn’t get the info what happens to the install at that point.

I’m reminded of what happened two months ago while using recovery disks in hopes of restoring a Sony Vaio. I had two recovery disks and found out the process called for THREE disks. Since I didn’t have the third disk I cranked up this old computer I’ve been writing about in hopes of downloading the third disk from the Sony site only to look over at the Vaio to see the screen had gone completely blank. And blank it stayed and is today!

I need to think about this some more – anyway, thanks for all the suggestions.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/860908