1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet explorer 8 right click send to mail recipient option

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by squeezin, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. squeezin

squeezin Thread Starter

Anyone got any ideas on how to get internet explorer 8 right click send to mail recipient option back into the context menu?

Its was there for firefox, ie6..i think ie7...but not in ie8.
    Both ie8 and and windows live mail are set to default programs....

Also, for some reason when i click on the mail icon in the internet explorer toolbar, it will open up windows live mail, but it will not create a new message. i just open and sits there.

But i i use the regular windows explorer context send to option, it loads up the new message just fine...

Any and all suggestion are greatly appreciated.

2. BenTechMac

BenTechMac

Is your Windows Live Mail set as your default Mail application (within IE 8 options) ? If not, try that! Usually fixes it
    This is sometimes treated differently in the Set Programs defaults you find in control panel or the start menu..

3. squeezin

squeezin Thread Starter

Still no luck. Tried everything. resetting ie8 to default. toggling between default mail clients....i dunno.
    Oh well...

4. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

do you have the menu bar activated from toolbar dropdown selection? do that then you can click file & there you will see the option to send link via email.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/934410