1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer 8 - Screen/font size too small

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cullism, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cullism

cullism Thread Starter

I recently installed IE 8. The text on the screen is too small to read without a magnifying glass. This problem only applies to IE8, Firefox is the normal size and so are all my non-internet programs. I have not been able to find any way to increase the size of the text/images.

Can anyone help? I was going to uninstell IE8 and re-install it via Firefox but it doesn't appear amongst my programs in Control Panel Programs.

2. stantley

stantley

In Internet Explorer hold down the Ctrl key and use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out.

3. cullism

cullism Thread Starter

Thanks Stantley, I'll do what you suggest. I assume that this change will be permanent?

4. keno-ken

keno-ken

Please keep me posted. Dont know which side of the fence to stand on at the moment.

5. stantley

stantley

Yes, when you get it set how you like it, then close IE, it should be the same when you open it up again.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/815024