1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer 9 Keeps Shutting Down

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by loricherokee, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loricherokee

loricherokee Thread Starter

:(Vista™ Home Premium
    Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
    Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 2.99 GB
    Available Physical Memory 948 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 6.18 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 3.42 GB

I have Explorer 9. It was automatically downloaded. IE keeps shutting down websites. I did not have the problem w/IE 8. I uninstalled 9 and reinstalled IE 8 but at some point IE 9 was autmatically reinstalled. I followed instructions on Windows site and upgraded 13 out of date drivers. IE is still closing with no explanation. I never get any emails from Window explaining what the problem is.

2. loricherokee

loricherokee Thread Starter

I have another problem connected with the one above. I have to keep entering my login ID and answering security questions in the financial accounts I have online. I've been told by the financial companies that is due to the upgrades and installations that are done to my computer automatically. It's quite tiresome.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!