Internet Explorer address window

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

luvmynails

I am running Windows XP and when I went into Explorer to log into a website, the http. window was gone. There is no way to access a website. The search windows are still there for Google and Yahoo but now I have an icon on the taskbar that says "Activate IE plugin Desktop Toolbar". What the heck happened????? How can I get my address window back? H E L P !!!! :mad:

You must have disabled the Address Bar. Open IE and right click the menu and check Address Bar. That should fix it.

I have the same problem. You say "right click the menu". I don't see any "menu"...all I have is "file, edit, view, favorites, tools and help" Where's the "MENU"?

luvmynails

I found out the hard way what was wrong with my missing address bar. I had multiple spyware items and a virus. It was also eating up my Photoshop. When a friend cleaned everythng out, the address bar and Photoshop returned. I now have Spysweeper and Norton Automatic Updates running constantly. Everything's running smoothly. Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online