1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer and OE freeze when I"m linking or surfing

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by retse, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retse

retse Thread Starter

Firstly thanks for the website.
    I have tried three times to send a message via your "forum", but the computer has frozen each time I press the "downward smiley" and try to submit my forum.

Then I sent an email because the forum did not work, but received a reply saying that I could not send an email re technical support, so HERE I AM AGAIN TRYING TO GET THROUGH TO THE FORUM. MAYBE FOUR TIMES WILL BE LUCKY.

Please help me?????
    I have had this problem for three weeks, prior to that everything was terrific with this computer. Which, incidentally has travelled from Australia to here this year and came straight on with no problems.

However, since my husband downloaded Norton 2008 this problem started. Internet Explorer freezes every time I try to link to something, or submit an application etc. Outlook Express is not quite so bad, just when I try to use a link in an email, otherwise I can send and receive OK.

I uninstalled Norton 2008 and re-installed 2007. Turned norton off, but still the problem persists.

Microsoft will not help, I called them this morning and was mystified, amazed and quite angry with them, because they said that the manufacturer had installed the software they couldn't help. However, the manufacturer did not install the software and it's been working OK for nearly 12 months.

Please help - anyone if you can????
    Regards
    Retse

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice