1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet explorer and Windows Explorer crashes on startup

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TheMandibleClaw, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMandibleClaw

TheMandibleClaw Thread Starter

Hi all,

I really hope someone can help me out here, as this is my work box, and it will take me about a week to get everything re-installed and configured if I have to format :-(

The problem is that if I try to open windows explorer or internet explorer, they immediately crash. I suspect that this is due to spyware / virus.

I have since upgraded from service pack 2 - 3 and run scans with McAfee, Avast and SpyHunter3. Can't find anything ...
    All open / save dialog boxes work fine though ... which is luckily the only way i can work now ... through firefox :)

Windows Explorer
    Error signature
    AppName: expIorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.55l2 ModName: msvcrt.dll
    ModVer: 7.0.2600.5512 Offset: 00037678

Thanks in advance!
    Louis

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759349

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice