internet explorer cache overflow/slow internet performance

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Perfuse

- Slow internet performance -

Connection Type: Rated Tested Units
Cable Speed Speed

Bandwidth Down Unknown 272 Kbits/sec

Bandwidth Up Unknown 47 Kbits/sec

Ping Latency 150 1156 milliseconds

Receive Buffer Size --- 35360 bytes

I copied and pasted this directly from www.pcpitsop.com, but the solution the gave me to fix it doesnt seem to be working. Could someone please give me a step-by-step on how to fix this, and can you dumb it down a little pls?

- Internet Explorer Cache Overflow -

Again, I also went to www.pcpitstop.com, and this is what came up, but the solution the gave me makes no sence to me, they tell me to go to IE>Tools>Internet Options>General Tab>Settings>View Files. Says it will open my "Temporary Internet Files" folder, which it does. The problem is, they advised me to change the folder to C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\content.ie5, which i cannot seem to do. They say i should see a series of 4 or more random 8 character names like "ADOZMZS1", which again, I cannot figure this out. So if anyone could please help me out here with a step-by-step walk through ( dumbed down version ), it would be most appreciated.

- Thank you

Have you tried deleting cookies and files under Tools/Internet options? Maybe delete 'history' as well?

What connection speed does your cable offer?

Perfuse

ive done all that, still isnt helping. not sure what speed my speed my cable is offering. it's cable so its supposed to be fast, but unfortunately, i can surf the web at like 56k speed, sux.

If you're surfing at 56k the cable isn't working. Check with your cable co or the documentation to find out what speed you should be running at.

56k is dial-up speed. Have you checked to ensure the browser uses the cable connection and isn't still on dial-up?

Perfuse

I'm just trying to get my MS latency at or around 150. It's clocked at over 1k - 1.5k atm. I tried configuring the "recieve buffer size" to lower the latency, but i cannot get it to configure properly i suppose. So any info on how to lower the latency is what im looking for mainly. Would of gotten to the point earlier, but i didnt really know what was going on until now.

Perfuse

I'm still having trouble. Actually, since i went to that site my connection is even slower. Appreciate the help..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts