1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer can not change home page

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by attyrfd, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. attyrfd

attyrfd Thread Starter

I was directed by Microsoft Update to update IE7.

now the goddamn thing will not let me change the home page. it is set on dell.com

every attempt to eradicate has failed. i reset homepage to google.com, and it will blast it out, replacing with dell.com

i hate Michael Dell.

it simply erases www.google.com from the homepage setting (Tools-Internet Options-General, go to 'home tab')

any ideas?

2. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

3. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

4. attyrfd

attyrfd Thread Starter

unfortunately, that absolutely does not work. google can be added as an additional home page, but dell.com is rammed in as the primary home page.

thanks. but no relief.

5. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

I don't know then

Good luck on sorting your problem.

joan

6. loquaciousquark

loquaciousquark

Have you tried disabling your internet security provider? My Norton Antivirus had a home page protection enabled that blocked all home page changes without notification. Checking your settings on that might help.

7. Kit_Marlowe

Kit_Marlowe

Has the latest suggestion been successful?

I've met the same problem in IE6. The homepage was suddenly set to Acer's global site, and no matter what I do, it just won't change. If I recall correctly, it happened after a few attempts at installing IE7 (which were always unsuccessful). Not even a format of the notebook has helped.

It's quite irritating as I've had a run in with Acer's poor customer service and really have no wish to view their website.

8. Kit_Marlowe

Kit_Marlowe

I found a solution of sorts in another post.

Change the homepage url while in Safe Mode.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/579307