1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Sybok47, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sybok47

Sybok47 Thread Starter

I recently upgraded to IE7 on my XP Pro system. Now, occasionally, when I click on a link, I get a window "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". It is consistant, as it is always on the same websites (for example, paypal). However, if I put the address in the address bar directly, it goes there without a problem.

I have another computer with a newly installed verion of XP, and it works fine.

I have reset my security settings (even set them to medium (the lowest setting) ), but to no avail. I have also set under advanced settings to make sure that SSL and TLS were proper (same on my other computer and as suggested in the error message), but it did not matter. I also reset the Internet Explorer settings on that page.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, Sounds like the new Phishing filter:

I have both the Popup blocker and Phishing filter turned off since I use some other things to work on those types of things.

Try just turning off the Phishing filter and going to Paypal.

Use the little drop down arrow next to Tools in the toolbar, mine is on the far right side with a gear like icon.

3. Sybok47

Sybok47 Thread Starter

It was a good thought, but it did not make a difference. Also, my other computer has the Phishing filter on, and it works fine.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice