Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

buzznut

Somebody Help please!!

Basically I am getting this problem over and over since reinstalling XP SP2. IE displays Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage no matter what page I try to access. If I hit Enter in the URL field (while it is still there) the pages loads fine. I have tried to install Firefox to see if I would get the same issue but it just seems that sites either do not connect at all with Firefox of everything is at a crawl.

Can somebody please help me with this.

Thanks

Tell us about your connection please. Are you dial-up, Cable, DSL? Do you connect through a router? Wireless or hardwired?

Are you saying you did a complete re-install of XP or just a repair install?

Was it working prior to the re-install? Why did you Re-install?

buzznut

I am on a DSL connection. D-Link DL-524 router and the PC is hardwired in. I did a complete re-install of XP because I was getting an RPC server unavailable. All DHCP services were gone and I could not get an IP. All the websites I visited seem to imply that the best solution was to re-install.

I tried to repair but the install kept hanging at 34% of devices installed. Therefore I decided to format and start over.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online