1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer crashes a lot on my phone

Discussion in 'Windows Mobile Devices' started by Holly3278, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Hey, everyone. I have a nice Windows Phone that my best friend gave to me. He had previously owned it but had upgraded his phone and so he gave me his old one. I do want to note that I did do a factory restore on the phone before I started using it because I was unable to unlink his accounts from the phone any other way. Anyway, I have a Nokia Lumia 635 phone running Windows 8.1. Many times when I am browsing the internet, Internet Explorer will suddenly crash for no apparent reason and it will say "Resuming..." and then it will go back to the app I was using prior to that. Usually, I was using the Facebook app for Windows Phone and then I click a link and it opens in Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer will stay open for a few minutes and suddenly crash. Does anyone know if there is any way to fix this issue? I tried looking at the support site for my phone but it wasn't helpful at all. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

2. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

It has been a few weeks since I posted this. Can I please get some help?

3. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Microsoft gave up on Windows Phone. If a hard reset didn't work, not much else is likely to either. Can you load another browser? Basic Android phones are usually inexpensive, so that might be the better path.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Make sure that the phone and all the apps are up to date. You may need to check with the carrier to see if they have an approved update for it. You can also try a different browser, here's some suggestions: http://www.24hrtech.co/best-browsers-for-windows-phone-10/

Microsoft didn't really give up on Windows Phone, they have however released newer versions called Windows 10 Mobile and some of the older phones can upgrade to it, if the carrier releases the update and the hardware is good enough.

5. Holly3278

Holly3278 Thread Starter

Thanks. Everything on my phone, including the phone itself, is up to date. Unfortunately, the Windows 10 upgrade is not available for my phone. I checked the other day and it wasn't available.

6. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Rob must have info I don't. I didn't think Microsoft was updating Windows Phone (aka Windows 10 Mobile, aka a few other names I can't think of).

I think you need to get a new phone. Only 2 OS's left in the mainstream are iOS and Android.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1182773

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice