1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer Disappears!!!!! Help!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Dinosaur12, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dinosaur12

Dinosaur12 Thread Starter

Good day eveyone. How are you? Ok here's the problem. I just removed Norton anti-virus and now any time i get online and launch my Internet Explorer browser it opens up for about twenty seconds but then closes by itself. But when i open it up when i'm not online then it doesn't shut down. What does this mean? I have windows Xp on my computer. Please anybody help. It will be greatly appreciated. Cheers!!!

2. XOXO1201

XOXO1201

Hi,

I just had the same happen to me, i called my internet service provider with no luck...i was told that when i uninstalled Norton, there must have been a shared file deleted with norton that caused my problem, which is very similar to yours i just couldnt access any media player, nor get pictures or access in most websites....i have now installed Norton again and everthing works...i guess now is just a matter of figuring out what shared file is being deleted with norton and how to stop it...and get rid of this Norton which was a waste of my money....gl
    If i get any other info i will sure post it for ya....

3. XOXO1201

XOXO1201

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!