1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet explorer displaying white screen & no text on buttons within other programs

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Cloverleaf4, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cloverleaf4

Cloverleaf4 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have just had a blue screen and using samsung restore I did a basic restore of windows 7, It's seems to have fixed Windows but now when I try to use internet explorer it opens with the tool bars and I can use Google tool bar to search but the main screen is blank white.

Additionally I thought it maybe a virus that caused the issue but when I have tried to update AVG the interface is not displaying properly and any buttons are completely blank and do not show any text.

Thirdly any text in any program is in the same font (times new roman i think).

I can connect to the internet fine with firefox but even with this the font is an issue and when trying to update avg using firefox the buttons on download process are blank

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Nicklsb

Nicklsb

Hi I am having exactly the same problems with my Samsung laptop. Not sure on what I have done!

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try using System Restore to go back to a date before all this happened.

What do mean by a "basic restore" of Windows 7. Did you restore Windows 7 to its factory fresh condition ?

4. Cloverleaf4

Cloverleaf4 Thread Starter

Thanks for reply, by basic restore I meant with the Samsung software/ interface.
    After reading a bit more and trying sfc /SCANNOW which resulted in. On repairable errors I did an upgrade install with the disc that came with the machine which has fixed the problem and retained my files and programs

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1034329