Internet Explorer does not want to Open

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sharky

I am fixing another computer, Internet Explorer does not want to open. I tried all available icons and going though "programs". I was able to update my anitvirus software so the dsl connection is working. Just so happens SYSTEM RESTORE has no restore points to use.

sharky

thanks, i will try that although the multitask steps are a tad challenging to me.

would installing ,say, firefox work til i straighten out IE -or- will the current browser problem-issue stop firefox too?

try running the system file checker
Start > Run > type "sfc /scannow"
may require the windows xp cd

blues_harp28

Hi Firefox works independantly of IE..well worth d/loading..
But what browser are you going to use to d/load Firefox?
What version of IE..are you using..
If IE 6..in Add-revove programs...uninstall IE6 and it will go back to IE5..
Worked for me in the past..

sharky

blues_harp28 said:
Hi Firefox works independantly of IE..well worth d/loading..
But what browser are you going to use to d/load Firefox?
What version of IE..are you using..
If IE 6..in Add-revove programs...uninstall IE6 and it will go back to IE5..
Worked for me in the past..
Ok, working with the computer with the IE browser not working today, i found an icon
for AOL-something( i have little experience with AOL). Anyways, clicking the AOL
icon opened up a window that allowed me to surf. I downloaded Firefox Browser
and internet surfing is back -via- the Firefox browser. The IE browser issue(not opening) still exists which is now a minor issue with the Firefox alternative.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online