1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet explorer & Firefox problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gian, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gian

gian Thread Starter

I have just installed Firefox and it hasn't hasn't imported my IE favorites. Is there an easy way around this

2. mike5532g

mike5532g

Try in Firefox, bookmarks>manage bookmarks>file>import> select Microsoft Internet Explorer and click next.

3. gian

gian Thread Starter

That did it....thanks

4. mike5532g

mike5532g

5. gian

gian Thread Starter

Just when I thought it was safe....how can I get firefox to appear and not just sit at the bottom of the page when I click onto a link on an e-mail (hope this makes sense)

6. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

Have you made Firefox the default browser? I've used 1.0 since it came out and cannot find anything wrong with the browser. In the last two days I've posted ways to supercharge the Firefox speed with a pipeline method, how to
    install Autofill and Autocomplete, would suggest you play with it for a couple of days, add themes add add-ons. Do you have an FFicon on your desktop?
    Make Google your homepage. I don't use their mail I still use Yahoo as I've done for years.

7. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

Here is the latest on Firefox.
    Speakeasy, a US broadband services provider, today announced it is the first provider to offer an official customized version of Mozilla Firefox 1.0, the award-winning web browser from the Mozilla Foundation. Mozilla Firefox: Speakeasy Edition will empower users to browse faster, safer and more efficiently, and will be distributed as part of Speakeasy''s self-install broadband service kits to its residential customers starting this month. It will also be available as a free download to anyone from www.speakeasy.net/firefox.

"We''re thrilled to be the first broadband service provider to adopt Firefox, taking our customers'' browsing experience to the next level. This special edition is just the first step in making browsing the web better for our customers. We plan to continually enhance the browser with features that will benefit Speakeasy''s home, business and gaming subscribers," said Mike Apgar, chairman and founder of Speakeasy.

Mozilla Firefox is a free, open-source web browser for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It is small, fast and easy to use, and offers many advantages over other browsers, such as increased privacy and security, tabbed browsing, and the ability to block pop-up windows. The Mozilla Foundation introduced Firefox 1.0 in November 2004 and as of today it has been downloaded by more than 20 million consumers.

"Speakeasy''s customer focus is well-known and we are excited to support their efforts to create a version of Firefox 1.0 that is tailored to their customers'' progressive needs," noted Mitchell Baker, President of the Mozilla Foundation. "This is a great opportunity to promote browser choice and innovation with a new audience and it is in keeping with Speakeasy''s commitment to provide broadband subscribers a better Internet experience."

Mozilla Firefox: Speakeasy Edition has been customized to work best with a Speakeasy broadband connection, taking just a few seconds to download. The simple installation process quickly imports all current browser favorites, passwords and other settings. In addition to pop-up blocking, tabbed browsing, increased privacy and security, embedded Google search and smoother file downloading to the computer desktop, the Speakeasy Edition of Firefox offers specialized options including select bookmarks and a custom look and feel.

In 2005, Speakeasy will add more features to its edition of the browser to enhance Speakeasy services for their customers including Voice-Over IP, business utility and network performance.

8. killah

killah

I gotta say...Firefox rocks :)
    I dont like IE, and didnt care much for Netscape, I used Opera mostly, but I find I like Firefox better then all of them :)

9. mike5532g

mike5532g

Firefox needs to be your default browser. In Firefox>tools>options>general>default browser>check now.

10. gian

gian Thread Starter

Made it my deafult browser and it's fine now :)

11. bobol

bobol

For icing on the cake, I have Spyware Blaster [link below] running too... works with IE[when you go for your Windows updates(only :p)], and alongside Firefox too.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice