1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer font size

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by T-Bone, Dec 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. T-Bone

T-Bone Thread Starter

For some reason, the fonts on many web pages (this one included) are showing up rather large. Larger than I remember. I'm sure that there is a browser setting that will get rid of this, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

2. T-Bone

T-Bone Thread Starter

Never mind, I just found it.

View - Text Size...

Duh!

3. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

T-Bone
    One thing to keep in mind if your Font sizes seem to be changing for no reason AND you have a scroll/wheel mouse; if you hold down the Ctrl key and scroll the wheel on the mouse, it will change your font size, too>

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

jwbirdsong:
    I have a Logitech Scroll Mouse. I have installed its drivers properly from its CD.

But I am not able to do what you said. I mean, Ctrl + scroll doesn't change the font size. It just scrolls the page. Am I doing anything wrong?

5. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

ABVAVGUSER

Actually until now I assumed it worked with all scroll/wheel mice. After I saw your question I did a little Google searching here and after much reading have discovered that NOT all mouse drivers support this function (Per Andres Kaestner in one of the post on Google).
    One interesting note thought in the search I linked you too there is a post from an Intellimouse user who it does work for....Go figure.....Sorry if I misled you, but I learned something, too!

6. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Thats alright jwbirdsong!! Now I at least know what my mouse does not provide that other mice do :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/107576

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice