1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer freezing

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by stewc0, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stewc0

stewc0 Thread Starter

HI there

apologies if this thread is in the wrong place, but I would love some help with an Internet Explorer problem.

I have recently bought a laptop and when every i try to connect to the internet with Explorer it closes itself down. It usually gets a page loaded but closes once i click on a link.

It shows this message in a box headed "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library":

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\ Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to deal with this? Should I contact the manufacturers?

thanks for any help

2. biagrin

biagrin

click start > run > type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes but with the space between the sfc and scannow.

tell me what you get

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647381

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice