"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Robbieboy

... and needs to close"

I am wondering if someone can tell me why it is that I keep getting this message? I have noticed that 99.5% of the time when I get this message it is when my computer has been idle for a lengthy period e.g. when I go to bed at night, and then I will get the message the following morning with the very first link I click on (it then gives you the option to send/not send some kind of error report). Has anyone else had this problem, and if so who do I go about fixing it? Other than that my computer seems to work just fine (I am running Windows XP Home). Would be grateful for any helpful tips. Thanks!

Robbieboy

Thanks for your reply- pardon my ignorance, but I do not know which version of i.e- where do I locate this info?

Robbieboy

Hi Blackmirror... really sorry (I must be the kind of user that tech. people have nightmares about!) Where do you mean when you say at the top?

Sorry see at the top of internet explore
file edit view favourites tools and help

click on help

Robbieboy

Sorry, Blackmirror.. just dawned on me what you meant.. it appears to be i.e 6

Robbieboy

Not yet, but I will try this if you think it's a good idea. Do I just go to Microsoft website, or is there a link you can give me to take me to the right place?

Then give ie 7 a try
If you dont like it remove from add remove programs and it will revert back to iE6

might even fix it

Robbieboy

Ok, Blackmirror I will give it a go and keep you posted. Thanks for your help. P.s I have done a 'search' on this issue and read a few posts... might it be worth installing Adaware before I update to i.e 7?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online