1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer Help (Can't view webpage)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bombay24, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bombay24

bombay24 Thread Starter

Hello all! I'm new here and was hoping someone could help me out. I am an aspiring CPA and just to sat for a section of the exam. In order to check your score you have to go to the NASBA website. Unfortunately I'm having problems viewing the website. I tried to contact them a couple of days ago and have not received a response, so I was hoping someone here could help as I am anxious to see my score. Here is my issue. When I go to the website, www.NASBA.org, I can view both the header where the NASBA log and search functions are and the 4 main categories (Members, Exams, Meetings, Library) along with sublinks. I can also view the footers at the bottom of the page (About NASBA, Center for Public Trust, etc.), however I cannot view what is in the middle of the page. This occurs on all pages within the site. There is an "error" on my internet explore that says done. There are several error messages, one of which is

Line: 143
    Char: 3
    Error: Unspecified Error
    URL: http://www.nasba.org/nasbaweb/NASBAWeb.nsf/WPHP?OpenForm

Please note I actually get an error on almost every single internet explorer page that I open, all of which are "unspecified errors". I really appreciate any help you may provide.

2. kniht

kniht

In IE click on 'Tools' >> 'Internet Options' >> 'Advanced Tab'.

Scroll down to 'Multimedia' and look for 'Show Pictures'. Be sure the box is checked.

If you want to stop the reporting of script errors:

Line: 143
    Char: 3
    Error: Unspecified Error

While in the 'Advanced' tab under "Browsing' uncheck "Display a notification about every script error".

3. bombay24

bombay24 Thread Starter

kniht,

Oddly enough under the advanced tab the show pictures tab is already checked and the "display a notification about every script error" is unchecked. I'm not sure why it still does this though. It doesn't really give me a notification. It just has the "error" symbol in the bottom left corner next to "done" and when you double click the error appears. I really appreciate your help.

b24

4. kniht

kniht

Try this:

If you are using IE7, click on the IE7 icon on the desktop and select "Start without addons".

If you are then able to see the middle of the web page then an addon is the culprit.

If that doesn't work click on 'Tools' >> 'Internet Options' >> 'Security' tab and click on 'Reset all zones to default level' (provided it is not already grayed out).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/718560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice