1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SomeGurl, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SomeGurl

SomeGurl Thread Starter

Okay, I have Windows XP.

About a month ago after I updated my Windows Media Player my internet explorer wouldn't work anymore.

When I try to open it I get an error saying Internet Explorer has encountered an problem and then closes. It gives me the option to send an error report. I can't because it doesn't work. I can't open my computer, my documents, etc...anything that has to do with windows. (I'm on a friends computer right now).

I have run my virus scan and I got rid of any virus' on my computer. I have also run spybot. I restored my computer as well. I've had no luck. I have had a friend try to send me a file to see whats going on with my computer. I can recieve files through AIM but I can't open them since I can't open my documents.

I don't know what else to do. Any help?

2. sangkatutak

sangkatutak

3. SomeGurl

SomeGurl Thread Starter

-I have XP Pro
    -I have Windows Media Player...the newest one, I'd assume 10
    -I don't think I have Windows Service Pack 2

Deleting WMP didn't work. I still can't access the internet. If uninstalling AIM doesn't work...Will I get it back if I restore my computer? I don't want to not be able to re-dowload it...

Edit: I thought I deleted WMP, but I just deleted the icon because I am blonde like that. It wont let me go to add or remove programs because windows doesn't work :-\

4. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

sounds like you have more trouble than WMP, AIM, and IE.

download 'Hijack This' from here. http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

do not delete anything until told to do so.

Post a copy in the "security" forum.

Name It something like 'IE does not work. help!'

One of the resident experts will look at it for you.

You said you were on a friends computer. Copy the program to disk and see if you can install it on your computer. Either way, let us know in our security forum under the name i stated above. thanks.

5. jcroix2002

jcroix2002

Hello and welcome

I agree - download hijackthis at the website provided and post it so we can try to figure out what's going on.There are instructions on how to do it.

jc2002 :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327996

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice