Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet Explorer Home page

872 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  damma100 
#1 ·
Hi to everyone,
Can someone please help me?
I am trying to reset my home page, while I know about going to the tools and resetting it there, every time I have reset it when I next log on to the web the home page is back to ISPs home page.
Please help me to get away from it.
Thanks for any help
Wizziewig :mad:

#3 ·
Unless you have a compelling reason to have the ISP software on your computer, I would uninstall all of their program(s). None of their junk is required to access the internet, whether its cable, DSL or dial up - all you need to do is set up your connection and password. I haven't installed any ISP software on any of my computers in several years as I found it unnecessary and intrusive. Even when ISP's offer free utility programs, i..e. Popup Blockers, anti-spam, anti-virus, etc., there are too many free available from other sources that integrate and/or operate as well or better than those supplied by ISP's. Just MHO.

I've used Prodigy, Earthlink/Mindspring, MSN, SBC DSL and RR cable and never once installed their software. Use:blank for homepage (can set homepage to anything I want, just prefer blank), and can go anywhere on the net without their added program baggage. The worse ISP experience ever was with AOL.

#4 ·
Hi Wizziewig, I'm not sure you have tried this. Open up Internet Explorer, click on the tools, & scroll down to Internet Options. On the General Tab click "Use Current", & enter the Home Page that you want. Next click "Use Default" & type in your Home Page that you want as your Default, it can be the same as the Use Current if you want. Then click O.K. This should work. If it doesn't then you have a Browser Hijacker in your system & need to remove it. Also Click on the View Tab, & click Toolbar & check to see that everything you want is checked, then do the same with the Explorer Bar.
Hope this is a help.

damma100

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.