1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer is not working

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by constant, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. constant

constant Thread Starter

I use AOL 9.0 and everytime i try to open internet explorer to connect to a website it never works. I get a "cannot find server" error. I can only browse the web through AOL's browser. I tried gettin rid of spyware and i tried to change the settings to default in security and my privacy's set at medium. I have detect settings set to automatic in LAN settings on the connections tab, and aol and aol dialer setting are all blank. It says that if you choose automatic it will mess up the manual settings Either way i tried doing that and restarted the browser, but it didn't work. I am running IE version 6.02900.218_xpsp2_gdr.050301-1519

I'm not sure but i think AOL Dialer might have something to do with this. I can't even download java to upodate it and also my directx 9.0 update won't do anything after it says installing components. I'm also having problems with royal vegas poker software, and i contacted the staff there and they told me to delete temp files and cookes and recent history, and i did all that, and to update java and direct x and get active x. I was able to download activex 1.0 but the other two i could not. The last thing they told me to do was to contact AOL, and i decided to see if i could fix it myself, hopefully without upgrading, even if i might have to.

Hopefully someone could help me out with this, because once i get my Explorer working. I have reason to beleive i'll be able to download java and maybe even get the direct x setup working correctly.

Thanks, Joe

2. constant

constant Thread Starter

Someone help me out please!!

Uppin

3. Lizhusain

Lizhusain

I am not sure if it is AOL, but since i've used AOL, my network setting is corrupt and i am not able to connect to the internet again, it refuses to connect using another service provider. Try uninstalling aol and installing again...c if it deletes aol from your system

4. constant

constant Thread Starter

I never used to have this problem Lizzy. Just recently, i've noticed it only because the aol pop ups for IE weren't coming up but into an error screen. So, i tried basically eveything, but i don't use internet explorer's connection tool either. I never had to. For some reason i think it's not detecting my online connection. I can try reinstalling AOL but i woudl rather upgrade AOL first.

Thanks lizzy for your response.

If anyone else knows anything else that might help. I'm all ears and eyes.

later, joe

5. Lizhusain

Lizhusain

well, I guess maybe aol tech support might be able to tell you if there is a glitch in their program that blocks IE from connecting. Give them a call

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486469

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice