1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer keeps closing!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sh1ftelliott, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sh1ftelliott

sh1ftelliott Thread Starter

Sorry if this in the wrong board but I think this is one of the best. Whenever I open internet explorer and try to go to a website the explorer closes down and I can't figure out why. Windows Media Player closes down also....I can't figure out why this is happening, help!!!

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

Are there any error messages or does the window close immediatly?

3. sh1ftelliott

it closes down immediately without any warning. I'm not sure if this matters but on internet explorer I can see a red k flashing and then it shuts down I'm not sure if that is the problem

4. GalloPinto

GalloPinto

hey, I have this problem too. I noticed it right after instlalling a download from a website that should have been safe. it happens in IE, Firefox, and Opera. I open them up, and after maybe 20 seconds or so, the broswer just suddenly disappears. I have a few more thigns to try before I give up, I'll be back in a while with news of if anything helped

5. sh1ftelliott

can anyone here help?

6. Augie65

Augie65

You might install HijackThis and run a scan, save the log and post it in the Security forum. You could have an infection. I have't seen this problem your having before.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/479417

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice