1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer keeps freezing

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ozgal, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ozgal

ozgal Thread Starter

Hi guys. I have a problem with internet explorer which is literally giving me a headache. Have spent all day trying your archived solutions but nothing works. What happens is that if I try to open more than one IE, the second one freezes with a blank screen. Then, I have to use task manager to kill it, and both die. Sometimes there are multiple versions of IE showing up on task manager even though I've only opened two. This also happens if I am trying to use a hyperlink - second window comes up blank and freezes. Help!

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

3. ozgal

ozgal Thread Starter

Hello and thanks very much
    The first option I downloaded successfully but when I tried to run it it came up with: run-time error '-2147221231 (80040111)': Automation error Class Factory cannot supply requested class
    The second option froze during download several times.
    Eek.

4. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

Hi if using Xp.
    Click start>settings>control panel>add-remove programs>select Microsoft IE>click add-remove>select repair.

5. ozgal

ozgal Thread Starter

Hello
    Thought I'd get back and let you know what has happened. IE wasn't on add/remove program. What I did was download the latest IE, and that seems to have solved the problem. So far. Thanks for your help,
    Ozgal

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/513990