Internet Explorer Needs To Close...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mark790

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close etc

I get this dozens of times a day and do not know why it keeps happening. I looked at the error report details (which was huge and indecipherable) and it said the following will be included in the report;

C:\DOCUME~1\owner\locals\~1\temp\e53e_appcompat.txt

more often than not it happens just as a site is loading (in the above case CBSsportsline) but not always and on many different sites.

Sometimes if I type a URL into the address bar and press 'go' nothing happens yet I can reach the same site through my favorites, on other occasions a site will load yet clicking on links has no effect.

Would this all be part of the same problem?

As always, any help is very much appreciated.

hi, i had the same problem so i changed my browser to firefox and it has not happened since.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online