1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

internet explorer not displaying pages in full

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by steveg123, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steveg123

steveg123 Thread Starter

hello there im having a problem with my internet explorer,i recently installed avg antivirus and since i have done that its not displaying the whole web pages i go on.it appears to be blocking certain aspects of the pages for example when i go on gametrailers.com it is missing a middle part where it displays the latest videos and when i do a manual search and click on the video i want to watch it says done at the bottom of the explorer screen but hasnt loaded up the video or anything.your help much appreciated thanks.

paul

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    it may be blocking flash some how - add blocking

I dont have AVG - just seeing if theres a setting for ADD/POPUP blocking in AVG settings

Version * appears to block flash by default, can see the setting though

are you using a free version ???

3. steveg123

steveg123 Thread Starter

yes i am using the free version 8

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    that would be the problem, I dont know yet how to switch off the ad blocker, buts its mentioned as an issue, most solutions appear to be to use the older version

5. steveg123

steveg123 Thread Starter

thanks for the reply,could you recommend any links to download the older free version?

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  7. steveg123

steveg123 Thread Starter

ok i gave avast a go and im getting the same problem.not really sure where to go from here

8. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    with AVAST - you must have another Blocker on the system somewhere

can you post what firewall and any other antivirus programs you may have

9. steveg123

steveg123 Thread Starter

i have windows firewall turned on and all the windows other security features i.e. defender and whatever avast uses.

10. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    if it started when you put AVG in then taking AVG off should have stopped it, unless it also installed a toolbar like yahoo, google which has a blocker in it

Why not try a restore to before you installed AVG

11. steveg123

steveg123 Thread Starter

well the whole thing was annoying the hell out of me so i just reformatted in the end and reinstalled vista fresh,bitextreme i know,then i brought a copy of mcafee and plonked that on and everything is fine now,thanks for the help along the way though,always get plentyof advice and awnsers on here.(y)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757845

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice