1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer not loading pages

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dubya008, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dubya008

dubya008 Thread Starter

Dec 13, 2006
    Hello again all,
    Just have a small annoyance that has taken over my computer and not really sure what is going on with it.
    I have IE7 ( i believe that it is 7) and for some strange reason it isn't loading pages correctly any more. It worked fine up until about a week ago and since then it is hit and miss. Some times it will work fine no problems, other times it will load pages with only a few things and the status bar will say that it is done loading. Other times it won't load anything at all.
    I try to refresh the pages all the time and that still doesn't work. any thoughts?
  2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

Jan 9, 2005
    Hi clean out Temp files in IE>tools>internet options.
    IE->Tools->Internet Options->Programs Tab.
    Click Reset web settings button.
    Temporarily disable anti-virus/firewall/popup blockers and toolbars. If that solves the problem, isolate which program is causing it and change settings within that program.

One or more of the following DLLs might be improperly registered.

1. Quit all programs that are running.
    2. Click Start, and then click Run.
    3. Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll and then click OK.
    4. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

5. Repeat, substituting each of these additional DLLs:
    Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/585635