1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer not working right on my PC

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sdjerry, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sdjerry

sdjerry Thread Starter

Ever since I've owned my current PC I've had a few different issues, but let's just start with the issues regarding IE for now. For some reason IE does not work right on this computer, and therefore Skype will not work right either since it relies on IE.

Basically flash player is not working on IE even though the latest version is installed and it's enabled, and I think javascript might be having some issues as well, it seems to be enabled from all the research I've been doing online to. Firefox is my default browser so I don't care about IE that much, but since it's affecting Skype I need to get it resolved.

I currently have IE 10 installed, I've had the same issues with IE 9 as well. No matter what I seem to try after reading different help forums the problems persist.

Specs for my PC are below, where do I begin?

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G530 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4040 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1796 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 462502 MB, Free - 395486 MB;
    Motherboard: Gateway, SX2855
    Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

2. jcmj

jcmj

I too have been having problems with my IE. It stops working when it wants to. I'm using Win7 and IE10
    which I just downloaded thinking it would help resolve the problem, but it didn't.
    Dell Inspiron 546
    6 gb DDR2 sd ram
    ATI Radeon HD3200 Graphics
    PC- ACPIx64 bit
    Win 7-os

3. psplb

psplb

I have windows 7 ultimate with a 64 bit operating system. I use both firefox and tried updating to IE 10 in hopes of solving my log in problems. I have followed previous advice regarding this problem and none of it will work. Every site I use has to be logged in again as soon as I close the browser. This started happening a few weeks ago. everything is up to date and no adware/malware is present on my computer.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help with this problem.

4. jcmj

jcmj

I too have this problem, along with my previous message... jcmj

5. Benoit99

Benoit99

With IE it has never been a good experience. In wonder why you are still interested in IE. Having said that, it has been a smooth experience on windows 8 with IE 10. Fingers crossed. I miss the Mozilla Add-ons but that's my way of appreciating windows 8 and MS. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082130

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice