1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet explorer optimized for Bing and MSN not responding

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by HeatherN, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeatherN

HeatherN Thread Starter

Nov 12, 2010
    I purchased my laptop computer about 1 1/2 years ago. A few months ago it was running slow so I upgraded the internet explorer (the version that is optimized for Bing and MSN) and now I keep getting these messages that IE is not responding. I talked to Toshiba and the guy said it might be a virus, but since my 1 year warranty had expired, he could only help me if I agreed to a $35 fee. That was out. So I did a system restore with the disks from Toshiba to restore my computer to the out of the box condition. I am still getting these messages and it is getting frustrating, because whenever I try to read my emails in either gmail or aol, it won't load and when I click on it again I get an error message that IE (not responding) I have also noticed that I get a message about a tab being recovered. I don't have a clue as to what is going on and I really need help. I have anti-virus software and I always update the windows and the Norton 360 software. I am getting somewhat frustrated since I have online businesses that I need to check on (some daily), but it seems as though I am spending half my day trying to get the pages to load and refreshing pages and all that. I am on skype so if this is something that needs a step by step instruction, please send me a note and give me a good time to connect with you on skype. My skype name is in my profile. Thanks for your time....

The error message reads: Internet explorer optimized for Bing and MSN (not responding)

or I will get : Tab recovered
  2. Sponsor

3. RaytheBear

Sep 13, 2010
    Two quick questions:
    1)Have you tried this with Firefox or another Browser to see if it works?
    2)Are you by any chance using the IE9 Beta? If yes, uninstall and revert to IE8

Good luck
  4. Joethefairguy

Nov 15, 2010
    I agree with ray, Try and revert. Mozzila Firefox is a very good browser. Otherwise, is see if you try managing your other options in windows and in the Internet Options. There could be a contradictory selection. also, try and diable ad-ons. That too should help....
  5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Mar 9, 2009
  6. chyneise

Dec 2, 2010
    I kept getting this same message on my lap top and desk top when trying to access Internet Explorer. Finally I clicked on the IE icon on my desktop, when it opened I immediately clicked the Google icon, and then clicked "make Google my Home Page." I did the same thing on my lap top. Now IE is working fine again on both, since Bing/MSN is no longer my home page.
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/962132