INTERNET EXPLORER ... or ... NETSCAPE???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BigDaveinNJ

Most of the time I use a dial-up connection and I was wondering which of the two major browsers you prefer.... INTERNET EXPLORER or NETSCAPE?

I have heard some people say that the newest release of NETSCAPE is somewhat better and faster than previous versions... but I haven't tried it yet.

Which one do you prefer? ... and why?

Thank you :)
DAVID

There are better options.
Mozilla 1.2.1 and Opera 7.01.
I tried them and I use them both.
Fast,reliable,many features like pop-up stopper and a very fast
back button in Opera.
I'm not using IE 6 anymore,only for Windows Update and a page that sometimes supports only IE ...
:D

Joe2Cool, I know you have given the perfect link, but I can't stop myself from blowing my Netscape 7 trumpet whenever I come across this question. :p

NETSCAPE 7 is my choice against IE 6. For one reason. It allows tabbed browsing which is very convenient and IE6 doesn't have it. GetRight doesn't capture download links from there, but I am ready to live with it and now have found another download manager that captures links from NS7. So thats the one I prefer. But for e-mail, nothing as of now can beat the power and convenience of Outlook Express.

NS7 browser has everything that IE6 have and have some things more.

Thats the punch line I put at every discussion on this topic :D

Originally posted by edsod:
There are better options.
Mozilla 1.2.1 and Opera 7.01.
I tried them and I use them both.
Fast,reliable,many features like pop-up stopper and a very fast
back button in Opera.
I'm not using IE 6 anymore,only for Windows Update and a page that sometimes supports only IE ...
:D
Quoting myself...

Del earlier said ...
Tried Netscape 7, didn't impress me at all.
Corrosive earlier said ...
Opera 7.0.1 has everything Nutscrape, sorry, Netscape 7 has and MORE!
I have been using Netscape 7 and I am quite satisfied with the browser (mail client is still not upto the mark). Can you please tell me where it lacks? May be I will know something more than what I do from you both. :)

Del

Strickly a personal choice AbvAvgUser,
Not everyone like brown socks or boxer shorts, you know..
Depends on what you do, how you use it and what you personally like. Thought that was the original post, who likes what.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online