1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer or Server Browser?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Lori 1, Jan 30, 2005.

Advertisement
  1. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

All view points are welcome here. I hear a lot about getting rid of IE browser, and going to another browser. My question is, What's the deal with IE browser? Is it that IE causes a computer to have more problems, adds to much junk, makes your system vulnerable to attacks,etc?

Why I am asking this is because, I have two browsers on my computer, IE and SBCyahoo. I want to change to one or the other. One that is the best for my new computer.

I have used IE,ever since I have had a computer. And yes, I have had one problem after another, some problems were my own fault, but other problems, were not my fault.

I would like to hear other opinions on this matter.

2. Big-K

Big-K

It's the general opinion of most on tsg that many other browsers are superior to IE, primarily Mozilla Firefox. It's probably best not to try and completely rid yourself of IE, as you do need it occasionally(such as windows updates). My suggestion is, get an alt browser(i've never seen much on SBCyahoo), and use IE as sparingly as possible. I hav'nt seen it as very good the times i've used it since I tried the alt browsers.

3. Ciberblade

Ciberblade Retired Moderator

4. Cake4All

Cake4All

IE was giving me grief and my ISP suggested I switch to Opera
    I really like this browser! I find I watch the status bar at the bottom a lot and it makes me feel better knowing that at least it is trying to do it's job

By habit I start out with IE, but I find I am switching to Opera more and more

5. dugq

dugq

Personally I use Opera as default, but firefox is good to. Both are better than IE, they have more features, are more secure, and when problems do occur, they are easy to fix.

6. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

SBCYahoo Browser, is my DSL server, it comes with a browser, that I find quite annoying. Thanks for your opinions, I know nothing about these browsers, but I will look them over. Right now, I am using IE, and when I click on things like,links I'm sent, via messenger, the sbcyahoo login, pops up. I really don't care for the sbc browser. I don't like the cartoon look either.lol

7. brindle

brindle

I've used Opera for years and love my smooth fast trouble free net experiences. Many like firefox and I do use it from time to time. Mostly just to keep up.

8. dannyboyfx

dannyboyfx

if you get the new browser, it may take a while to get used to everything, just start using it, and only going to IE when needed. i started off on IE, and have slowly switched to firefox. TABS ROCK!

9. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

I started out with IE many years ago also. It will be hard to get use to another browser, but if it is best to stop using IE, I will do this. And it seems to me, after reading so much about people getting away from IE, it will probably be the best thing for me to do. By the way, your lego computers are cool.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!