1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer prints Garbage

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Kuwaiti Kid, Dec 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kuwaiti Kid

Kuwaiti Kid Thread Starter

I have Internet Explorer 5.5 and when I try and print my Yahoo Mail all I get is garbage characters. All the other programs I have, like MS Word etc, print correctly. In the Programs setup section of internet Explorer Outlook Express is selected for email. I would like to fix this and be able to print my email

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

hi kid... so you have yahoo mail coming to you thru Outlook Express... correct??

3. Kuwaiti Kid

No I actually view the email through Internet Explorer. I haven't set up Outlook Express to receive email.

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

this is what I found...in Yahoo mail
    Online Support
    Yahoo! Mail Home > Mail Help > Search Results
    Search Results Found 1 article for printing
    Showing 1-1 of 1

Mail > Receiving Mail

How can I print messages or my address book?
    Currently, Yahoo! Mail itself doesn't contain a print feature, but you can easily print your messages or address book using the print feature included in your browser. For best results, make sure that the window or frame you're printing is not wider than your printer's printable area...

5. Kuwaiti Kid

It is the browsers print feature that I am having a problem with. With the message open and clearly readable when I press print on the internet explorer browser all I get out is lots of pages of unrecognisable/readable garbage

6. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

only time I saw font like that was from AOL in e-mail... something to do w/ mime & riched text.... Im sorry... I don't know but maybe someone else will see this that does .

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!