1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer prob!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by yoggle635, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoggle635

yoggle635 Thread Starter

I just put a new modem in my computer, after replacing another new modem. I had a new modem in my computer, but I replaced it because I thought it was a modem problem, so I bought new Intel chipset modem. But, I still have the same problem, which is that I think is something in Internet Explorer. It works sporadically. Sometimes it works perfectly normal, at other times, I click on something, for example to delete a message in Yahoo! Mail, and it takes like 30 seconds before it starts to download! It's really pissing me off since I tried to even put a new modem in. I don't want to take it in to get it fixed, but I think I might have to! Could someone help????

Wayne

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

I don't think you have a problem. You must realize that when you click on a link that everytime it will just jump staigtht to that link. Like Yahoo mail, click delete, it depends on how busy Yahoo's server is. If it is handling a lot of people at the time you click on it then it will take longer for it to complete the link.

Now if it were all the sites all the time then I might say you have a problem with your computer but the way you explained it I don't think so.

Speed also depends on how many people are accessing the site at the time you are.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60440

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice