1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by 4freebird, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nmiller07

nmiller07

I have run adaware before and after doing so I wasn't able to run some of the programs that I used, i.e., Morpheus. I've been having this error a lot lately though where ie has an error and the window completely closes - very annoying. How do I go about getting rid of whatever it is that's causing the error without getting rid of the files I may need? Also, how do I find what programs are starting up when I turn on my computer? Isn't there something I type into the Run box to bring up a screen with all of those programs? Thank you for your time.

2. joeinfo

joeinfo

i wish that i had read your advice a month ago. my IE 6 (running win 98) was crashing as soon as i started it and i went the HijackThis route, which didn't help and then took my machine to a shop and paid a couple hundred dollars. they finally reinstalled the OS -- which seemed to work for a few weeks. today, the same thing started happening again. i saw NotRite2's post and tried the simple control panel > add and remove programs > repair IE. it worked perfectly!! thank you, thank you, thank you!

3. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112943

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice