1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dmarteaga, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dmarteaga

dmarteaga Thread Starter

Internet explorer 7 beta 3 was accidentaly download on my computer. I need to get rid of it but dont know how. Since that was download I cant get my yahoo browser back. It had to be removed. I need to get internet explorer 6.0 back so I can use my dsl provider yahoo.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Thanks Dawn

2. datamonger

datamonger

d,

Go to Add or Remove Programs. At the top of the Add or Remove Programs window there is a checkbox called Show updates. Check it. Wait a moment (takes a while if you have a lot of updates installed on your system). Scroll down, find Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and remove it.

Good Luck!

3. terryxp

terryxp

I have a problem. I havent been able to use IE for 2 weeks since trying to install the beta. It just hung on install. Now I cant install or uninstall ie7, or go back to ie6. Tried everything so far. Called MS ie7 beta tech support and they couldnt get it done either...

4. terryxp

terryxp

*bump*

5. dmarteaga

dmarteaga Thread Starter

I have tried that. It tells me that if I remove that, my computer will be unusable so it wont remove it. The exact message is. Windows Internet Explorer 7 beta 3 (KB922880). The setup has detected that windows Internet Explorer has been updated on your computer sine KB922880 was installed. If you remove it your computer will be unusable. Removal cannot continue.

6. wacor

wacor Banned

I had a lot of issue trying to get rid of IE7 also. silly me, it did not like it and it was a Beta and it stunk in my opinion so i did not want it.

anyway i got rid of it by doing a System Restore to before i installed it. that caused problems so i did a system restore to the day i installed it and that worked

Terryxp

you need to start your own thread instead of trying to jump into this one. it gets too confusing trying to handle different peoples problems in one thread.

7. dmarteaga

dmarteaga Thread Starter

Do you know what i have to do to restore it back to the way it was before this was downloaded?

8. wacor

wacor Banned

not a full restore of the OS

if you have XP there is a system restore feature that is different.

when did you install IE7

9. dmarteaga

dmarteaga Thread Starter

like 2 days ago. I have Windows XP

10. wacor

wacor Banned

11. dmarteaga

dmarteaga Thread Starter

OMG...I think that restore worked.....I LOVE YOU
    I even called Dell and they had no idea what to do. Your Great. THANK YOU

12. dmarteaga

dmarteaga Thread Starter

I dont think everything is working though. Where there are suppose to be pics I have boxes with red x's....what r those from?

13. wacor

wacor Banned

Not sure about why pics would be lost.

how far back did you do the system restore?

i would check and see if there is anything else important that is messed up.

if only the pics are missing then you do a system restore back to where you started and copy to a disc the pics to save then and then restore again i suppose

maybe somebody else will have a explanation on the red x's

14. dmarteaga

dmarteaga Thread Starter

i did the restore back to the 20th. I thought that would be far enough. Maybe I need to do a shutdown.

15. wacor

wacor Banned

were there pictures taken between the 20th and now??

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice