Internet Explorer problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BassOverflow 🎂

It's my birthday!
Hey guys,

I have been working with my ISP and HP for hours and they both point to IE as the problem. I have a good internet connection, but when ever I type something in the address bar (ie www.yahoo.com) a window pops up staying "Internet Explorer cannot open the search page" ????? No matter what I type in the address bar, the same window pops up. Please help!!
Oh, I have IE 6 and I'm running XP Media Center.

try this

Open IE

Tools/ internet options/ advanced tab
under browsing.
uncheck..... enable third Party browser extensions
restart IE

joan

BassOverflow 🎂

It's my birthday!
No Firewall...

I'll try that, Joan, as soon as I get home from work.

BassOverflow 🎂

It's my birthday!
Hey guys, I had to do a destructive system restore...

At least everything works now!

i'm not sure if this is the right forum for my problem but i hope some one can help, I had a virus sent to me and it screwed up my AVG anti virus so i unistalled it, so that i could re-install it but when i tried to get on the website it just said page can't be displayed, i have tried typing it in and doing it through google and neither work, i was told to run ad aware so i did but the problem stayed as it was, just wondering if anyone had any ideas

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online