1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer Question

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Marvy42, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvy42

Marvy42 Thread Starter

I'm running Win2K (SP4). I have a macro that starts my dial-up connection, loads IE and a few other programs. When I'm finished, there's another macro that unloads everything and closes the connection. Lately, I find that IE isn't being closed by the macro. When I check to see what's running, IEXPLORE.EXE isn't one of the programs (sure looks like it though), so the command to close it naturally doesn't work and I have to close it manually. Any ideas why IEXPLORE isn't showing up as a running program? It's being called in the same way it always was, from the same directory, but when it starts up, it isn't in memory (or at least not as a separate program). :mad:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!