1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer running slow and slower

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by macac, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macac

macac Thread Starter

My internet connection is running slower and slower starting on or around the middle of March. Other functions of the computer don't seem to be affected. I ran all the antivirus programs, deleted cookies, did all the things I should do. I went to Manage Add-ons in Explorer just to see if anything had changed since I started noticing the slow down and there have been several new additions as of 03/13/2010 prior to that date was 11/09 and a change about every other month prior to that, but always the same programs, these are new. I have attached a PDF of the files, dates of use, status, ....

I looked up each file and found that Act.UI.InternetExplorer.Plugins.AttachFile.CAttachFile along with any other pertaining to this name has been a problem for several people. They have suggested in different Forums that a HJT is needed. Is this true? If so, where do I go to find the correct program? I disabled any item that referred to Act.UI... and Explorer seems to be running better this morning, but it is still early and it usually starts to slow after a while.

Also, when shutting down my system I have always had it set to Shut Down only now it continually changes to Shut Down and Update System. What is causing the change? and how do I stop it?

I am accomplished in different programs, but not so in the actual programming of the system, so please be as direct in layman’s terms as possible. Thank you for help!!!

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914020

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice