1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer Script Error

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DominicM, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DominicM

DominicM Thread Starter

I receive the following script error when I print from Outlook 2000. It only happens with HTML documents. I've done a repair On IE and even upgraded from 5.5 SP2 to 6.0. I've done a lot of the other suggested fixes like disabling script debugging and re-installing the printers and even installed BHO software to try and solve conflicts. What makes this script error unique is the line number (1189). I've seen it on other newsgroups but no one has an answer. I hope someone can help. By the way the machine is running Windows 2000. Thanks in advance.

An error has occured in the script on this page

Line: 1189

Char: 1

Error: Unspecified Error

Code: 0

URL: res://C:\WINNT\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

No matter what you anwer here the document will not print.

2. Del

Del

What happens if you go to file and print preview?
    Do you get an error message?

3. DominicM

DominicM Thread Starter

Del,
    The print preview button is grayed out. I noticed on another machine that doesn't have the problem that HTML print preview is grayed out also. Rich Text and other formats have the print preview option.

4. Del

Del

5. DominicM

DominicM Thread Starter

Del,
    unfortunately I've tried this already. This is a real stumper. I've been looking into this specific error for over a week now. Thank you.

6. Del

Del

Yup, I had the same problem, then it worked again. No idea why. The only thing I did was reinstall the printer a few times for various reasons.

7. DominicM

DominicM Thread Starter

Tried doing the procedure again with no luck. I tried re-registering the dll's and the error returns.

8. trec@trec.co

[email protected]

I have the same problem--found out that if I reformat the message from HTML to Plain Text, an Outlook Option, the print command works

but how did you solve the problem--I think I erased your email response prior to reading so please re send

thanks

tom edwards

email address [email protected]

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118576

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice