1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer Script Error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Goldilox, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goldilox

Goldilox Thread Starter

I just had to do a full restore on my old desktop
    Compaq Presario Win 98 SE
    I did all of the the Critical Windows updates
    The problem I have is that when I attempt to go to some sites (Ebay in particular) I get this message

Internet Explorer Script Error
    An error has occured in the script on this page
    Line 20
    Char 1
    Error 'ebay' is undefined
    Code 0
    URL http://ebay.com/
    Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Since I am an ebay trading assistant this is not working for me. I really need help with this one. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate hearing them. When I get this message I have tried clicking "yes" and clicking "no" either way the box disappears and comes back immediately. It will do this about 8-10 times then stay gone. It doesn't do this with all sites but always does it with ebay.

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

There are three reasons why these problems occur. The first is that the web page author made some programming error. The second reason may be that you are running a pop-up killer that closes pop-up windows so fast that the script on the web page fails. The third is that you might have some adware or spyware installed on your computer that opens the script error pop-ups.

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. Click on Tools, then on Internet Options.

3. Click on the Advanced tab.

4. Look for the "Disable script debugging" line and put a check mark in the box.

5. Now look for the "Display a notification about every script error" line and remove the check mark in the box.

You may be prompted to reboot afterwards.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice