1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer script Error

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by __murat__, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. __murat__

__murat__ Thread Starter

Hello, I just bought a new laptop ACER ASPIRE 9410. I am having a few problems with windows live messenger. Every time i sign on to it i get this Internet explorer script Error like this:

line:2
    char:1
    error: syntax error
    code: 0
    url: http://www.theromantichome.com

and another..

Line:25
    char:1
    error:acces is denied
    code:0
    url:citimatch.com

i get about 5 of these things..
    I reinstalled windows live messenger same problem i even tried msn 7.5 i still get this problem. These slow down my pc and makes windows live messenger not respond.

System Information if needed:

manufactor: Acer
    model: Aspire9410
    rating: 3.1 windows experience Index
    memory(RAM): 1014
    system type: 32-bit operating system

This is windows vista home.

I use an antivirus called windows live onecare. It has spyware installed in it. I also got lavasoft to keep spyware out.

If someone can help me please i really need help with this.

Also when i go to some websites like smallball.com (example) the page changes automatically to like ebay.com or any other wierd site i did not click.

2. cuttlefish

cuttlefish

First Name:
    Ian
    I reckon you have got some serious Spyware going on in there somewhere!

Go to: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ and try their free scan for starters - see what comes up.

Any time a web browser page gets redirected to somewhere else (eBay) you have to smell a dirty great spyware rat!

3. __murat__

__murat__ Thread Starter

Ill try this right now.

4. __murat__

__murat__ Thread Starter

this did not work. I used alot of diffrent antispyware programs i still get redirected to other sites. But the internet explorer scripts did stop. All i need to solve is to stop being redirected to unkown sites. Please can anyone help me.

5. cuttlefish

cuttlefish

First Name:
    Ian
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596503

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice