1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer Script Errors in Norton Internet Security

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Hate Computers, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hate Computers

Hate Computers Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what is wrong with my Norton Internet Security and/or Internet Explorer....

Both have been working fine up to now, but now all of a sudden, when I open Norton and try to select Norton Anti-Spam from the menu, I get the following Internet Explorer Script Error:-

Line: 15
    Char: 1
    Error: Object expected
    Code: 0
    Url: res://C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AntiSpam\asRes.LOC/nasstatus.htm

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Whether I click yes or no, it returns to the Anti-Spam page and says "Refreshing" next to each Anti-Spam feature. When I try to click on any of the features, I get another script error.

The reason I need to access the Anti-Spam section is because for some reason, ads are appearing on sites even though I have the Norton Ad Blocker on. I need to get into the Anti-Spam to check the status of the ad blocker, but it won't let me get any further than the daft script error!

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

:)

Update: Sorted it. After installing some Norton and IE updates it seems to be okay now....sorry for starting such a pointless thread! :eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/562520

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice