1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet explorer security problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by itsmeitsmeitsme, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itsmeitsmeitsme

itsmeitsmeitsme Thread Starter

My sister has a new dell that we finally got online....she has problems with some sites coming up with the cant find this page etc..........it is on certain sites like her banking one...im sure it is a security problem but i checked the settings and cant seem to figure out what is causing the problem...most sites load fine......could it have anything to do with the fact she has not loaded the updates for her computer at microsoft.....any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Endemix

Endemix Guest

3. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, I have also run into this glitch- however, I fixed it, at least for my bank site: Now, I forgot if this works in anything but IE 6.0>> and as they said above- get it!

I already use IE 6.0 with latest Service Pack., so, if you do decide to install that: Open any IE page, at the top, Tools>>Internet Options>>Security>>Trusted Sites>>open that.
    You need to type your banking site in the blank space like this>
    https://www.xxxxxxxxxx.zzz
    Then, when you hit Add, the site will appear in Trusted Sites...
    The "s" makes it known as a secure website, and you should be able to get there easily, since it is placed in your Trusted Sites environment. You should only do this for sites you really trust, naturally. Your Internet settings should be Medium Security, for general browsing. For the Restricted Sites, you can set Custom Settings, and I would advise you do, since by default some things are enabled that should not be, set all things there that show as Enabled to Prompt.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!