1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kim h, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kim h

kim h Thread Starter

I cannot access the internet via internet explorer. I always get "this page cannot be displayed" and at the bottom of the screen it reads "res://c:\windows\system32\shdoclc.dll\dnserror/htm "

I tried to fix it using Webroot, Sbyware blocker which removed some spyware programs, but I still have the same problem. I can use Outlook Express to check my email, but just not Internet Explorer. Can anyone help? :confused:

2. TOF

TOF

To repair your Internet Explorer, copy and paste the following command into the "RUN" window and select "OK":
    rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %windir%\Inf\ie.inf

If the program prompts you for any files, direct the application to here before you use your cd because the latest files will be here.
    C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386

3. kim h

kim h Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. However, I figured out it was that Norton Firewall had blocked Internet Explorer. Somehow the setting got changed.
    :D

4. TOF

TOF

Lol! Now I never would have thought of that. Glad you got it going. :)

5. alan93

alan93

I had the same problem but when I tried that solution I got a bunch more prompts asking for files such as... html32.cnv and mswrd632.wpc, etc...

whats with these?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/278524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice