1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer Toolbar - omg please help me!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cytrix, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cytrix

cytrix Thread Starter

I somehow got a toolbar installed in internet explorer for jethomepage.com I think I got it through a js virus (their have been a few that benifet jethomepage in the pass hmmm...). But anyway I went to jethomepage and looked around untill I found something called tiny bar that linked to coolbar.exe. No documentation at all. I clicked and it prompted me to install, I clicked yes and sure enough it is the same as what got put on my computer. Their is no uninstall file, I can't even find where it is installed to and I couldn't find anything in the registry (like in internet explorer). I really want to get rid of this piece of **** so thanks for any help.

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Have you tried control panel>add/remove? I will check out the site.

3. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Tricky little bugger. Saved it and the darn thing still installed.

Go to the spyware link below, click it and download aaw.exe. Install it, run it, delete what it finds.

Then go to start>run>type regedit>click the plus next to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT>scroll down to desklink>click it> if clsid with some numbers is the only thing that shows on the right, right click desklink and delete it.

Now click start>settings>find files>type coolbar>make sure C: is selected in the look in box>ok>delete the file.

That should take care of it.

4. cytrix

cytrix Thread Starter

DoyceJ
    Thank you bery much you completely solved my problem and problems I didn't even know I had. One time I found savenow and cdtray or something when I hit alt + ctrl + del so I checked in the registry under run and found them both and deleted them from the registry and the program they linked to from my hard drive. When I ran that program I found 4 additional spy ware programs on my computer! Thank you so much for your help I could have never figured this out on my own.

5. ezymony

ezymony

JR u da man

6. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Glad to help. You made my night. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63425

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice