1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet explorer user.exe

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by yeager22, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yeager22

yeager22 Thread Starter

Everytime I am on the net my computer will come up the error message saying "Internet Explorere has caused an error in user.exe. Explorer will now close. " very frustrating to try to get something done. Help with any ideas please.

2. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

The file User.exe should be found in C:\Windows\System.
    The file date should be the original date as this file does not change. What version of windows are you using?

3. yeager22

yeager22 Thread Starter

I am am using windows me. What do I need to do to fix this problem. Thanks for any of your help.

4. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

Let's take a look at what's going on at start up.

Go to http://tomcoyote.org/hjt/ and download HiJackThis. Use Winzip to unzip it, then install and run it. To run, click the “Scan” button. When it's done the "Scan" button changes to "Save Log". Save the log file it creates (it should open in Notepad at that point). Copy and paste the results in your next post. Most of what it finds is harmless, so do not do anything yet. Someone will be glad to help you sort out any of the baddies that may be in there.

IF you get an error saying msvbvm60.dll is missing,
    Download the and run MS visual basic 6.0 runtime files

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171565

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice